pitching settings for tie ball game

Owner to Owner help and advice
kidspeed

pitching settings for tie ball game

Post by kidspeed » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:05 am

Is there a way to set your pitching preferences for a tie ball game? The last group is listed as down less than 3 runs or tied. If I'm tied in the ninth, I want my best guy in there, but if I'm down 2, I likely wouldn't want to waste my best guy. There is obviously a vast deference between a tie ball game vs being down 2, so I'm thinking maybe there is a way to do it that I'm not aware of.

WillyD

Re: pitching settings for tie ball game

Post by WillyD » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:52 am

No

During the regular season, depending on the makeup of my bullpen, I usually use my 2nd best reliever in tie game or down 3 or less runs in the 7-9th innings. During the playoffs it's my best reliever.

kidspeed

Post by kidspeed » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm

we think alike willy. I do exactly the same thing. I was playing a key series, trying to chase down second place. I was one game from a sweep and taking a playoff spot, so I really needed to win. I took a chance and used my closer in that role(my best reliever) and I was fortunate that the game was indeed tied late. He pitched the 9th and 10th and I won in the bottom of the tenth. He was tired for next game, but the risk was worth it. I would've been upset, if I had been down 2 and wasted my closer though.
I really think the extra choice for tie game only would be great. Unlike other things I've suggested, this seems like a easy programming enhancement.
Anyone else agree? How do I suggest this?

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:31 pm

kidspeed wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm
we think alike willy. I do exactly the same thing. I was playing a key series, trying to chase down second place. I was one game from a sweep and taking a playoff spot, so I really needed to win. I took a chance and used my closer in that role(my best reliever) and I was fortunate that the game was indeed tied late. He pitched the 9th and 10th and I won in the bottom of the tenth. He was tired for next game, but the risk was worth it. I would've been upset, if I had been down 2 and wasted my closer though.
I really think the extra choice for tie game only would be great. Unlike other things I've suggested, this seems like a easy programming enhancement.
Anyone else agree? How do I suggest this?
I agree, it would be great to have the option. Suggest it in the Baseball Suggestions & Enhancements Forum:
viewforum.php?f=7

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”